BRC Food Safety Certification
The BRC standard provides companies in the global food supply chain with the framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality. Recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the standard was developed with the input of the world’s top food manufacturers and retailers to create a harmonized international food safety standard.
Contained within the BRC standards are requirements for food processors to develop effective food safety systems; the standard contains different editions for food packaging manufacturers, storage and distribution, and agents and brokers.
The BRC standard is comprised of 7 sections:
- Senior management commitment and continual improvement
- Food safety plan (HACCP)
- Food safety and quality management system
- Site standards
- Product control
- Process control
By obtaining BRC Certification, your company can satisfy your HACCP requirements while enhancing your food safety and management systems. Peripheral benefits of achieving BRC Certification include increased consumer confidence in your products, an enhanced brand and corporate image, and greater opportunities with new markets and clients.
We’re invested in your success. In helping you achieve BRC Certification, we partner with you provide you with all tools and insights you need for a successful BRC audit.
Our audit service includes:
- Providing an initial Audit Plan for review by the facility’s management team.
- Opening meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit process.
- Conducting the on-site audit.
- Closing meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit results.
- Conducting annual reviews required to maintain your compliance status.
Contact Orion Assessment Services today to get started!
*Certification offered via Eurofins Food Safety Systems (EFSS) accreditation