FSSC 22000 Food Safety Certification
Your fast and reliable food safety audit certification program, for less
Developed in 2009, the FSSC 22000 food safety certification scheme has been adopted by a rapidly growing number of manufacturers and food service organizations around the world. FSSC 22000 is based on the ISO 22000 assessment of a company’s food management system, fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), and managed by an organization in the Netherlands that functions independently as a non-profit, providing full transparency and organizational trust.
From manufacturers to retailers to farmers, important and global players in the food supply chain recognize FSSC 22000. With food safety awareness at an all-time high, more and more organizations expect their customers, partners, and suppliers to undergo food safety assessments and validate their processes according to standards such as FSSC 22000...
When your company successfully achieves FSSC 22000 certification, it clearly demonstrates your organization’s ongoing commitment to a highly recognized international food safety management system, as your company complies with the requirements outlined in the FSSC 22000 standard.
The Orion FSSC 22000 certification program
At Orion Assessment Services, we’re dedicated to providing you with exceptional service levels by providing quick turnarounds at a reasonable price. Our FSSC 22000 qualified auditors are knowledgeable, professional and driven to respond to your needs in a timely fashion.
Our audit service includes:
- Providing an initial Audit Plan for review by the facility’s management team
- Opening meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit process
- Conducting your professional on-site audit. Expect our trademark open and friendly approach, as our auditor focuses strictly on what is required by your company to meet FSSC 22000 standards. (Unlike other assessment and certification agencies, our auditors will not force you to take unnecessary actions based on their own interpretation of the standard.)
- Closing meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit results
- Conducting annual reviews required to maintain your compliance status
FSSC 22000 Certification features a 3-year cycle. This cycle consists of annual surveillance audits and a recertification audit every 3 years. The initial audit is performed in two stages. Surveillance and recertification audits all take a process-based approach, instead of a checklist-based audit.
This audit scope is suitable for manufacturers of the following:
- Perishable animal products (i.e. meat, poultry, eggs, dairy and fish products)
- Perishable vegetal products (i.e. fresh fruits and fresh juices, preserved fruits, fresh vegetables, preserved vegetables)
- Products with long shelf life at ambient temperature (i.e. canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt)
- (Bio)chemical products for food manufacturing (i.e. vitamins additives and bio-cultures) but excluding technical and technological aids
Contact us today to learn more.
**Registration offered via accreditation with Eurofins