Safe Quality Food (SQF) Certification
The Safe Quality Food (SQF) standard is designed to ensure quality safety processes are met and upheld at every link in the food chain, from suppliers, to food industry processors and distributors, through to consumers. This internationally recognized Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked standard places an emphasis on the systematic application of food quality hazard controls, as well as overall sound food safety processes.
Unique to the SQF Code, the program segregates different products and industries into 35 different Food Sector Categories (FSC), allowing for tailored audits for each market. Comprised of 7 codes, SQF program is adaptable to your facility’s food safety capabilities with each level increasing in robustness:
- SQF Food Safety Fundamentals (formally Level 1)
- SQF Food Safety Codes (formally Level 2):
- For Primary Production
- For Food Retail
- For Manufacturing
- For Food Packaging
- For Storage and Distribution
- SQF Quality Code (formally Level 3)
By obtaining SQF Certification, your company can satisfy your HACCP requirements while enhancing your food safety and management systems. Peripheral benefits of achieving SQF Certification include increased consumer confidence in your products, an enhanced brand and corporate image, and greater opportunities with new markets and clients.
In helping you achieve SQF Certification, we partner with you provide you with the tools and insights you need for a successful SQF audit.
Our audit service includes:
- Providing an initial Audit Plan for review by the facility’s management team.
- Opening meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit process.
- Conducting the on-site audit.
- Closing meeting with facility management to provide an overview of the audit results.
- Conducting annual reviews required to maintain your compliance status.
Contact Orion Assessment Services today to get started!
*Certification offered via Eurofins Food Safety Systems (EFSS) accreditation